Saturday, May 27, 2006

The OC Latino 100






Awarding winning Heaven Sent Jewelry was named the first LATINO 100. This award honors the important contributions made by people and the Latino Community of Orange County. The plan is to honor 100 people each year for the next 5 years. A year book will have the bio's and distributed to schools, colleges and universities in Orange County. This was such a wonderful idea... our youth, our community will have a chance in seeing the many awardees. Our youth will see, Dr., attorney's, entrepreneurs, judges, journalist, community leaders... all contributing to our society. They will see role-models.... that look like them.

Now I can really say "Award Winning Heaven Sent Jewelry", hee...hee...hee.... I was truly amazed at this year recognition. If you go to my website, go to home, go to AWARDS 2006... www.heavensentjewelry.com , you will see what I mean. When I started this journey, my vision was taken by my passion and focus. Vision, passion, vision passion, vision....

I was so inspired by checking out the AlMA Awards tonight!... I'm not one to sit down and check out the awards.... however this one I made time for this program. It inspired and ignited me!...... While watching this program, it brought joy, tears and pride. The ALMA Awards was a piece of art. It was elegant, brought all the diverse talent in the Latino Community and NCLR made it happen http://www.nclr.org/ . We can not move forward blindly with out not knowing our past.

All the excitement, business and family life really took so much out of me. I really felt so drained and exhausted. I can't believe how unmotivated I felt, not staying up and doing work... this is not part of my work ethic. I finally took the time to take care of my plants, repot my palm tree, cut my flowers... start working out again. I justed needed the time off & evaluate life, family and business. It's so easy to get caught up with everything and let it control your life. I've learned that you need to stop and smell the roses. Think about what's important in life... God, family, friends and business. My little one's do bring life to my world. They love that I can turn into a monkey, witch, the tickling or kissy monster. I hear them say...Mama... you chase us...you be monster and we run. They also love as I animate the person when I read to them on a daily basis.

I'm so happy my little girl is now starting to have an interest in speaking Spanish. I made up a cute little Spanish song for both of them that I sing to them before they go to sleep. My little girl tried to show off to her friend that she spoke Spanish...it's broken Spanish but she tried. Her little friend whom is fluent in Spanish said "That's not Spanish". Both my little one's now want to watch the Spanish Novelas (Soaps).... They do run around saying "Se Si Puede"!....


Stay tuned for more as Addy rides with Bling and Sparkle!...:-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home