Saturday, May 27, 2006

Emerging Latina of the Year !





What an exciting night it was at the 2nd Annual NLBWA Havana Nights Awards. The honoreers were interviewed prior to the event so we meet at this really nice Mexican Restuarnt and interviewed by Patrick Rivera of X Productions. What a talented person he is!...

During my interview, I got emotional and started crying as I was talking about what the award meant to me. This journey of entreprenuership has taught me a great deal about faith, patience and perserving. Nothing happens if we do not take little steps each day and work towards our overall objective. One needs to visualise, believe and take every opportunity that is present. My philsophy about making situations win, win, partnering up with entreprueners & supporthing the community has contributed to my award. I think about what could be, not about what I do not have. I've simply been so overwhelmed & delighted with everything that has been happening this year.

During my first two years in business, I worked so, so,so, so, so hard. My investment of $5,000 dollars towards my business and the long enduring road of little sleep, working endlessly, trying so many different things,, working...and wondering if things would ever get better. At times I was being asked more for donations than I was selling, I wondered with all the support I'm giving back to the community when will I see the support for my business. Times were so tough... it's hard to keep up a smile when you do so much to brand your business and the return in minimal.

Faith is what gave me the strength to continue my quest. I've always prayed every night ...giving thanks for being healthy, for my family & friends. Upon starting my business, I really prayed hard and asked for the courage, strength to endure all the hardships, and patiences. Running a business and caring for two little ones while hubby travels is not an easy task. Many times I thought I would be better off just taking a job but the reality is the investment and the reason why I started my business was to see my children grow, take part in their daily lives, influence them and pursue my business. Every time I was ready to say, I can't deal with all the pressure, I was trully blessed in having a confirmation that gave me the courage to overcome the hurdles. THis has really given me a drive and has made me a strong person. When your growing up with 4 older brothers, you really learn how to me both mentally and pyshically tough. Thanks to my brothers I learned how to excel, overcome.

NLBWA is such an awesome organization. You can feel the positive synergy as you walk into the room. I believe this organization has been so successful is due to the leadership that has the passion. Lorena Maee, Janet Cronick, upcoming President Carolina Camacho, CPA (she's my CPA and a darn good one) and my buddy Tanya Zabuleegue President Elect. This association has really been so instrumental with my business. I'm excited about the upcoming workshop. Thanks to all the talented awesome women that have made things happen.

Thanks to my family, my supportive hubby and my little VP of Operations and my International VP of Marketing. They are the inspiration. Se Si Puede!...:-)


Stay tuned for more as Addy rides away in the Addy mobile with Bling & Sparkle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home