Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pod Cast Interview








How fun !... My Pod Cast interview with Nancy Marmeljo from Comadre Coaching. Nancy is an awesome talented women . Check out my interview http://www.innerloca.blogspot.com/. You'll hear about my vision, challenges, heart ache, the truth about entrepreneurship.

I'm really glad I had an opportunity to share my story with Nancy. Although I've been blessed with so much, my experience has taken much sacrifice the past 3 years. Countless hours of working for pennies, feeling exhausted, mentally & physically drained, countless donations. If you know someone whom is starting a business, support them.

I totally respect and support fellow business owners. We experience so many pressures on a daily bases, month to month, year to year,.... thoughts of how to attract clients, too many bills, little income, sometimes there are not enough resources or manpower, how about unpaid invoices. Media exposure does not prompt people to purchase. The results of owning your own business are lack of sleep, worrying, and hoping that things will get better. Our dreams guide us through the good, bad and ugly.

Business is full of excitement and heart ache; it too is exhausting and disenchantment. I found myself paying to stay in business, some times only selling $ 100.00 of product a month. I often thought of going back to the corporate world and having my own cushy job with a budget, office and nice pay check. No wonder so many business fail the first year. I was so close saying forget it..... let's change statistics and help one another. My ensight and understanding of entrepreneurship hardships has assisted me in making business decisions into win-win . Consequently my business in moving into the right direction.

I have not or will not lose my dream.. my business will be an international lucrative empire that will assist the community, create jobs and make a difference in this world. But like anything, success does not come overnight, it takes a lot of ganas (will) and having a dream. I'm a big dreamer...


I had two of my friends experiencing the pain of running a business. One of my friends was stressed in attracting clients to her new business and so worried about paying her monthly operations and staff. Another friend was experiencing dismal sales while trying to keep her spirits up. I wish I had the power to have money or resources and help them. This is the reality of entrepreneurship... it's a gamble. Some will make it and some will not. I'm determined to make it regardless of the challenges that I will face. With faith, support from my family and friends we can make it together. It's okay to ask for help, we all have resources , friends the word of mouth.

Back to my pod cast, Nancy is so full of energy, technical expertise and an enjoyable/fun speaker. Anyone looking for a speaker, I highly recommend my fellow Sagitarian Dragon comadre. (we were both born on the same year-year of the Dragon and day's apart) She spoke to NLBWA "National Latina business women's Association". This is such an awesome group... my membership has been worth the investment in more way's than one. The topic was on technology... I learned a great deal from Nancy and also from Rick & Scott from PuebloTel. What an incredible background Rick has, so down to earth and very approachable... I learned he's a grad from Harvard!...:-) After hearing their presentation about Quality Voice Over Internet Phone Service and talking more a length I thought making the switch and supporting another fellow entrepreneur.

While my pod cast interview was taking place , my little guy wanted Hawaiian Cookies. I remained focused on what I was doing while I multi-tasked with business and family . Most of my clients are familiar with either hearing my two little chatter boxes or seeing them. My two little pumkins are getting exposed to the business world . Every time they meet my friends or clients, I always let my children know that my friend is an attorney, reporter, politician, Dr, president of an organization or an entrepreneur. It's cool seeing how both my little ones pretend they are running a business with a cash register, a set up and their money. I'm amazed at hearing how professional my little 5 year girl carries herself and how my little four year old uses big words and the way communicates with me.. This reconfirms why I'm staying home. They are learning by seeing me run my business . We also make time for our riding bikes at the park, taking walks, doing crafts, reading... Both of my children also have their little computers . Many folks are surprised that they respected my work area and do not touch all the enticing sparkle designs that have freshwater pearls, Swarovski Austrian Crystal, Bali Silver, fresh water pearls, semi-precious stones, plus seeing the earrings, bracelets, necklaces, card holders....

Above you will see some of my upcoming freshwater pearl designs and a one of kind design for Nancy.

Stay tuned for more exciting news as Addy rides away in the Addy Mobile with Bling and sparkle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Olga Sotomayor Sánchez said...

Hablas español?
necesito comunicarme contigo via mail y no lo encuentro ni en tu blog ni en tu pagina web.
soy coleccionista de marcadores de libros.
saludos,
Olga Sotomayor Sánchez
http://puntodelectura.blogspot.com

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh, my birthday is by nancy's too! dec 10th is mine! nice podcast, keep up the great work!!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home