Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hollywood VIP Sponsor




Heaven Sent Jewelry was a proud VIP Sponsor for the 4th Annual Indi Producer Gala Awards held on May 12 in Beverly Hills. I designed an Swarovski Austrian Crystal cell phone charm with a fresh water pearl.

Last year during the my first Indi Awards, my conception about Hollywood totally changed. As I sat there during the presentation, I thought I was just going to hear all the thanks, clasps, etc... During the presentation, I heard all these directors, actors... Including Andy Garcia give very real heart warming speeches. These speeches talked about vision, the set backs, about the rough times and how they all helped one another during the time of despair. These speeches brought tears to my eye's because you could feel their pain, you could relate to it and you knew that they overcame their challenges because of their determination, friendship and their dream.

I was amazed and touched by Andy Garcia. Last year he received thee main award and I personally gave him two Austrian Crystal book marks. I thought that Andy would be able to do everything because of his track record & popularity. Their was so much passion, drive and humbleness. It took him 16 years to gain the Hollywood support for his film about the Cuban Revolution. His budget was $9.5 million (by Hollywood standards this is chump change .. they usually are mega-million standards. The entire film was shot in a mere 35 days. (see Latino Leaders April 06 for more details)

Andy truly is such an excellent role model. He is so down to earth, has a heart of gold and vision that has guided him in creating a path of success. I've read various articles about him and totally love hearing about his family values and love for his wife. Now that's what I'm talking about.

This year I was unable to enjoy my evening with fellow designers. I rushed to Beverly Hills after participating in a fundraiser for MOMS at the Disney Hotel. The following morning I had another event at a Tea and Garden event which was so much fun. I had a chance to work with a fellow inspiring entrepreneur whom was affected by the New Orleans floods. Totally inspired by her strength and tenacity .

Stay tuned for more as Addy rides away in the Addy mobile with Bling & Sparkle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home