Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reinforcing achievement traits-children

"Young Champions Certificate of Achievement"


Here's my two little ones receiving their "Young Champions Certificate of Achievement" with the Degree of Proficiency for the Karate Advanced Yellow Belt along with a star for perfect attendance.

I was so happy for them as they stood with so much pride. My little guy was sad that he did not receive an award for perfect attendance when he received his yellow belt. I hugged him and said there will be another chance and you should be happy for what you have achieved and learn so we celebrated with a burger.











I can see how this class is benefiting both my little angels. Karate has really helped him with his physical coordination. He really listens attentively and behaves like an adult with the instructions. In addition, my little girl confidence is improving. She is now in great shape...with the ability of doing 12 push ups, and she is able to do more jumping jacks than me..... This of course is making me want to get back in tip top shape like I used to me!...:-)

Recently we rented Karate Kid for our children. The lessons taught were great during the video...I discussed them with my children. As we talked about challenges, and being reactive (getting upset) verses being proactive (focused) . Getting upset during challenge times is not productive and will not solve issues.

I recall when I was little, me and my brother would practise every evening with our "Jet Kun Do" a Shaolin kungfu. It assisted me with focusing, and gave me confidence. Yes, ..... Bruce Lee was our Hero!.... When you grow up with 4 brothers, you learn how to fend for yourself. It also made me very competitive which has contributed in my entrepreneurship role.


My little boy just loves talking to his instructor, Alex. My little girl joins in the conversation. My son always request, let's play " Sensa Says "-(Simon's Say's) "Sena - means Japanese teacher" before the class ends. This games really helps him in focusing on the instructions. One day he will be the last one standing while playing Sensa Says. Here they are practising as White Belts .

Here is my little Angel...receiving an award during her school award assembly. I'm so happy to see that my children are learning that in order to get somewhere it takes dedication, work and focus.


Now they see, that mommy has worked extremely hard with my business in receiving the many awards and recognition. That is how Heaven Sent Jewelry www.heavensentjewelry.com become an award winning business!

This summer we are practising our Spanish and will grow our garden!



"Stay tuned as Addy's drives away in the Addy mobile with sparkle and bling. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home